Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Joxer Daly's

So this past weekend I was up in LA working, and hung out with my good friend, Ashley. She wanted to get some drinks and some pub food, and so she suggested we go somewhere I've never been, Joxer Daly's in Culver City.


Joxer Daly's is an Irish pub located on Washington Blvd in Culver City. For a bar, it has a nice, friendly atmosphere. Ash and I got a few beers and ordered burgers.

I started with a Guinness. I can never go to an Irish Pub without ordering one, it's like tradition for me.

For a burger in a pub, it was pretty standard, nothing exceptionally over the top, but just good. There have been so many times I've ordered a burger at a bar and gotten a charred mess of meat on a plain bun, but Joxer Daly's burger, by those standards, was a nice change. Their fries actually were my favorite part. I LOVE steak fries by all accounts, and here you can order them as such, or get the skinny ones instead. I always like a nice choice of fries, and even though I think most fries taste the same, steak fries are by far my favorite cut. They were nice and crispy on the outside with a soft powdery inside.

They even make their own housemade ranch, so we just had to try it out. It was pretty epic, I'm not gonna lie.


Ash and I finished up the night with some Bud Light and Corona, respectivly.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

  1. The best thing on the menu at Joxer Daly's is the wings which you can have grilled(!) which I recommend, or fried. A close second is the mini burgers that come on a better bun than their full-size cousin. The place itself is a dump (a fun dump!) but the food rocks if you know what to order.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin