Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Being Fab in West Hollywood

I will admit it right now. I have a soft spot in my heart for gay men. They could quite possibly be, some of my favorite people on earth, really. My favorite gay EVER is my bff Adam. You've seen him on the blog, he's made a few appearances, here, here and most recently here, among others.

So after the faboosh party for Lisa's 40th, he insisted I go out with him to West Hollywood cuz we looked too amazing to just go home.

We started off at O Bar, on Santa Monica Blvd, where we met up with the lovely Michael.

I started off with a Key Lime Pie Martini. Not the BEST ONE I've ever had, but decent. The problem I have with most Key Lime Pie Martinis is bartenders think they need to add copious amounts of pineapple juice, and it just makes them too acidic and too pineappley. When I think LIME, pineapple hardly EVER comes to mind.

Plus, no graham crack rim? Puh-leeeeze.

Next I got a Caipirinha. Also, not the best I've had, but decent.

First off, to make a perfect caipirinah, you need to use Brazilian rum or Cachaca, which not too many bars carry. They try to substitute it with vodka, or tequila, and even though they are decent substitutes, they just don't cut it as being the BEST.

We danced a bit, and took many....

...many...
...many pics.

Then packed up and headed down the street to Red, where we met up with our friend Mike, and none other than Perez Hilton. Lulz.

We grabbed a few drinks, I had a classic margarita, and the boys drank some sort of juice and vodka thing.


We weren't at Red long, and skipped down the street to Motherlode. (Great name right?)

I 'hagged it up and made lots of friends who called me faboosh and fabulous and fierce and ferosh and all those great words that only gay men will ever call you.

I danced, walked the room to RuPaul and hung off the end of the bar.

By 2:00 I was ready to call it a night. I'm just not made out for all this stuff. But it was a lot of fun!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin