So if you live in Southern California, perhaps you've heard of Oggi's Pizza. If not, you're missing out on a great little pizza and brewery with a delicious menu. Since Abbey's been born we don't get out as much as we used to, but our cravings for our favorite goods hasn't really subsided, so I've gotten pretty decent at copycatting recipes that we can enjoy at home for less money and less calories! Enter Oggi's Slam Dunk Buffalo Chicken Pizza! My version is less like Oggi's and more Charlie friendly, but it's still a pretty amazing substitute. Feel free to add or subtract toppings as you wish, but please, give this a try sometime this summer. It goes great with blue cheese or ranch.
I start off with a premade crust to keep things easy, but you're more than welcome to go to your favorite pizza place and buy dough, make your own, or just use your own favorite crust. My choice is Boboli's Whole Wheat thin crust, it's quite good.
You will need;
For pizza sauce: (reserve 1/4 cup for chicken to toss in)
- 1/2 Bottle of Frank's Red Hot Sauce
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 packet of Italian Dressing mix
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
For the Pizza:
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast (marinated in a few spashes of Frank's, an acid of your choice; lemon juice, vinegar etc., salt & pepper
- 1 pizza crust
- 1 cup low fat mozzarella cheese, shredded finely
- pepperoni (optional - and using low fat turkey pepperoni would be an even healthier option!)
- your favorite toppings like green peppers, red onions etc. (optional)
- buffalo sauce recipe from above
- Italian seasoning
- red pepper flakes
Add pepperoni in concentric circles on top of sauce.
Top with cheese. Cut up chicken into small bite size pieces, toss in remaining sauce to coat and top pizza with chicken. Season top of pizza with Italian seasonings and red pepper flakes. Bake at 450* for 12-15 minutes or according to package/recipe directions for your crust.
Let rest 5-10 minutes, slice and enjoy.