Saturday, June 23, 2012

Perfect Pan Fried Pork Chops

Here in our house, we love pork chops. I especially love when they are on sale and I can get them really cheap! And by really cheap I mean for like a buck each, now THAT'S cheap! I often struggle with new ways to cook an old standard, because after awhile, I just get tired of baked pork chops.

I found this recipe in the 2010 issue of The Best of America's Test Kitchen, and fell in love with it the first time I tried it out. It produces a flavorful and juicy chop, and in a lot less time than baking them. Plus! cooking it this way doesn't heat up the house in the summer. A perfect pan fried pork chop is such a staple in the south, home of comfort food, and I am always happy when I find something Charlie requests on a semi-regular basis.


You will need;
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/2 tsp paprika
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp pepper
  • 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 4 chops, bone in or boneless will both work, about 1/4" thick
  • 3 slices bacon (or reserved drippings, about 1 tbsp)
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
 Combine all the spices together to make a rub. I sometimes use this rub recipe, or I will use Amazing Taste Brand Malibu Seasoning, which is perfect for pork chops. Place flour in a shallow bowl or plate. Pat the chops dry, make 2 slits in the fatty side of the chop (to prevent chops from curling when cooking) and season with rub. Dredge the chops through the flour to coat. Let rest 10 minutes and dredge again.


Cook the bacon in a large skillet until crisp, or heat up reserved drippings. Discard bacon for another use later and keep the drippings in the pan. Add oil and heat over medium until just smoking. Cook chops until brown, about 4 minutes on each side.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin