Friday, June 15, 2012

Healthy Pancakes? Nooo... YES!

Healthy Pancakes? Can it be!? Yes! And no, they don't taste like cardboard, they are actually delicious! The secret? Oatmeal, greek yogurt and bananas. Abbey and I had these for breakfast yesterday and they were too good not to share. I got my inspiration for these delicious pancakes from Pinterest but made a few tweaks with what I currently had in my Fridge. Follow this link for the original Biggest Loser recipe, or read on below for mine.


The original recipe calls for cottage cheese, which I abhor, so I decided this healthy recipe needed a pick me up. For you to also enjoy this delicious treat for breakfast...

You will need:
  • 3 eggs (or 6 whites)
  • 3/4 cup rolled oats 
  • 1/4 cup steel cut oats
  • 1 individual Fage brand plain Greek yogurt & fruit cup*
  • 1 banana, 1/2 for batter and remaining 1/2 sliced thin for pancakes
  • 2 teaspoons sugar
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla 
  • 1 tablespoon Chia seeds (optional, but you could also use flax or any other favorite seed)
* What I actually did was use the Greek yogurt from the individual Fage fruit cups, and then used the fruit compote that comes on the side, on the top of my pancakes. If you don't have those cups, you can just use 1/4 cup plain yogurt instead and top with whatever you want.* 

Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. 


Heat a non-stick griddle on medium high heat and spray with cooking spray. Pour batter onto griddle in 1/4-1/2 cup rounds and place reserved banana slices into batter.

   
When pancakes begin to bubble, flip and cook until golden brown. Serve with your favorite toppings. I used thin slices of butter and the blueberry acai compote topping from my yogurt cup. Enjoy!




Even Abbey loved it! Healthy low fat, high protein pancakes that are kid friendly!? Amazing!


Gimme more Ma Ma!





Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin