Thursday, April 23, 2009

A Taste of Italy

I started out this morning with an Acai Smoothie and a Bowl of Oatmeal. I changed the oatmeal up a bit by adding in some raw almonds while it cooks, gotta love those MUFAs.


Then later on, Kristi and I met up later at Starbucks for some Passion Iced Tea and we decided to try the place next door, A Taste of Italy. For what you get its pretty pricey, but the food is very good. This isn't just your average run of the mill Italian restaurant, they charge close to $16 for a Chicken Caesar Salad, which I think in economic times like this, is pretty ballsy. They do however have decent lunch deals and a GREAT takeout special for a large pizza with 2 toppings that will run you about $14, and it is DELICIOUS!!!


We opted for the Pepperoni and Garlic for our two toppings, but they have loads of really great choices like artichoke hearts, pineapple, basil, zucchini, sun-dried tomatoes and even breaded eggplant. The cheese was gooey and delicious, and the crust was soft, yet held up its end of the deal to not dump hot food in your lap. Honestly the next time I want pizza, I will probably go there, I just wish they sold it by the slice. Hey Taste of Italy, I hope you read my blog!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This right here looks like some mighty fine pizza! Those topping choices sound really good as well. I had some good pizza in Hollywood Florida at a place called "Tony the Pizza Chef II" I had a slice which cost me about $3.75 give or take, but it was large and delicious! It was called "Tony's Special Pizza" and the toppings consisted of Tomatoes, Ham, Bacon, Ricotta, Cheddar, Mozzerella & Romano! It was simply out of this world!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin