Saturday, May 16, 2009

The GM Diet Plan : DAY TWO

I've lost a pound!

Today is Vegetable Day! I can not TELL YOU how happy I am to not be eating fruit. Seriously. UGH. Fruit is fine in moderation, but Jesus people. ALL DAY?!!

Here's what the site says:

Day Two

Eat all vegetables - raw or cooked - of your choice in any quantity. A cooked vegetable does not mean vegetables made in curry or with spices. You can make food palatable by adding a dollop of butter or some salad dressing to it. This is taken for energy and balance. You can start the day by eating a baked potato but the rest of the vegetables consumed during the day should be calorie free and rich in nutrition and fiber.

Back in High School I was a Vegetarian, so today was pretty easy for me. I started off the day with the baked potato.


Just a basic baked potato, with a pat of butter, and since it was vegetable day, I added some green onion for flavor. It was pretty much heaven sent.

I snacked throughout the day on cucumbers in lemon juice and baby carrots. For dinner we had a bit of a feast.


I started off by adding a bit of olive oil into a pan and sauteing onion, zucchini, and yellow summer squash for about 10 minutes, tossing lightly a few times though.


We BBQ'd some corn we got at the Market, but it was TERRIBLE and we split a globe artichoke. To dip the leaves into, we took a bit of butter, garlic cooked it in the microwave and added some lemon juice and olive oil afterwards. It was pretty decent.


We also had some free tickets to the Padres Game so we took the Trolley downtown.


It's very hard to not want to order everything at the stadium, so to curb our hunger, we brought bottles of water, baby carrots and our "cheat" were low sodium sunflower seeds.


I think I ate about 175 calories worth of seeds, so I think I'll be ok.

Eat your heart out, Edward Cullen.

Our seats were TOTALLY SWEET! Like 15 rows back from Home Plate, and we had an amazing time, even if we left at the top of the 8th while the Padres were losing, only to get home and find out we won 6-5 in the 16th!!!! Eeesh! I hate when I leave early to beat the traffic and miss awesome games like this. Anyway, tomorrow we get to add salad into our diet, so I am very excited!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin