Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Hummus

I got this recipe from Carrots'n'Cake, off of a recommendation of a friend and figured it went well with my theme.

It's pretty easy to make.



* 2 - 15 ounce cans of chick peas (garbanzos), one drained, one undrained
* 1/4 cup raw sesame seeds
* 1 tbsp olive oil
* 1/4 cup lemon juice
* 1 garlic glove, minced
* 1 tsp cumin

I added more cumin, and garlic. I also added salt and pepper for more flavor. I have yet to really get in and tweak this one. I think if the Chick Peas had been fresh and not canned I would have liked it a bit more, but all in all it was a good recipe.

I used the food processor once again, (LOVE ITTTT!!) and dumped the chick peas in first.

I didn't have raw sesame seeds, so I used toasted ones and they worked just fine. I added the juice from 2 small lemons from our tree, and used 3 cloves of garlic instead of one, plus a little garlic salt.

I let it all blend in the food processor until it was smooth, adding a bit more olive oil to help with the consistency.



For quick homemade hummus, it was decent, not my favorite, but pretty good. I will have to try sun-dried tomato or roasted red bell pepper next and see if those are better. I'm going to keep tweaking recipes until I find the perfect combination of everything. But until then enjoy this on some pita or with veggies!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin