Monday, January 12, 2009

Diet at a Funeral.

I've had some personal stuff lately, so not much time to blog, but I have been taking snaps of my food and trying to count calories to the best of my ability.

I've got my lunch date tomorrow with my friend, so thanks to Amanda, over at Two Boos Who Eat for her help with what Starbucks coffee is least likely to send me spinning into a caloric and diabetic coma. Brian and I were on Starbucks' website the other night, and it's REALLY astounding what you drink without thinking about. The coffee Michelle and I got in San Fransisco, was 460 calories! And that was for a Grande!

So my basic routine for the past few breakfasts have been this.



Costco 3 pack! SCORE!

So far I'm about 1/3 of the way into the Vanilla Almond one and its PURE HEAVEN. In the mornings I take my horse pills, and then combine 3/4 a cup of Special K, and 1/2 cup 2% milk, which is roughly 150 calories, and then pair it with some sort of fruit. I've been doing red grapes, but those little effers have SEEDS in them!! So lately I've switched to half a banana sliced up and tossed in for good measure.



So... the personal stuff I went through was a funeral of a close family friend who also just happened to be my high school coach as well. Yesterday was the funeral and as lovely and beautiful as it was, it's very hard to eat healthy at a catered event. I just tried to watch portion size and fill up on veggies. All of the food was donated by Ranch Catering of San Diego. There was a HUGE dessert table that I didn't even touch! So I think I did pretty well...



Small portion of caesar salad, small portion of noodles with creamy pesto and 2 slices of roast beef with 1 tbsp of horseradish sauce. and then I filled up on this...

There were baby carrots too, but I ate those walking back to find a place to sit.

I just wanna take a moment to say that Coach Takahashi was a pretty amazing man, and his service was a beautiful tribute to his life and legacy. Here is a picture of myself and my friend and former wrestler Gregg Harrington and coach at our High School graduation.
I love you Coach, and you will be forever missed. Thanks for all the advice before, during and after my high school career.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin