Wednesday, January 21, 2009

LOW CAL BANANA SPLIT!!

I got this recipe off of Hungry Girl. It's a great website for those of us who HATE to cut out the good stuff while also trying to eat better.

This is my first attempt at one of her tweaks and I followed it to the best of my ability with what was available to me at the store.

You can find her recipe here.



Ingredients:
1 small banana
2 ripe strawberries, roughly chopped
1/4 cup Breyers Double Churn Free Creamy Vanilla fat-free ice cream
1/4 cup Breyers Double Churn Free French Chocolate fat-free ice cream
3 tbsp. Cool Whip Free, thawed
2 tsp. Hershey's Lite chocolate syrup
4 tbsp. Fat Free Reddi-whip
Optional: 1 no-calorie sweetener packet

A few hours before you're ready to dig in, mash the strawberries into a puree. In a small dish, mix the puree with the Cool Whip until completely blended. For a sweeter flavor (optional), mix in half or all of a no-calorie sweetener packet. Place mixture in the freezer until just frozen.



I personally planned on using the entire tub of cool whip so I could make these a few times, so I just took 8 strawberries, 4 packets of nutrisweet and blended it into a puree using my trusty, you guessed it, food processor!



Next I placed the thawed cool whip and gave it a few good pulses to mix it in.



When mixed, put into a bowl, cover it and put it into the freezer to freeze.



For the life of me I couldn't find Hershey Lite or Fat Free Reddi Whip so I got the regular old syrup and new cool whip lite whipped cream.

To assemble the splits I used one large banana, cut into half and then sliced down the middle. Then placed 1/4c scoop of chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla, drizzled 1 tbsp of chocolate sauce and 3 small squirts of the cool whip lite.




This banana split has around 250 calories, and .05 grams of fat compared to Baskin-Robbins' Classic Banana Split with a whopping 980 calories, 34 grams of fat.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin