Friday, January 9, 2009

TACOTOWN!!!

You know what I love about tacos?

Everything.

The blog title brings to mind the hilariously funny SNL skit about a taco chain and their incessant need to make it bigger and better, but fortunately for me and my ass, that was not the case here. Yet...

FOOD EPIPHANY NUMBER TWO!
Tacos are freaking hard to make low calorie!

It's true. Pretty much every condiment I put on them alone were in the low numbers, but they add up, fast. Check the numbers;

Appox. 1 cup ground beef: 280
low fat refried beans: 80
1 Tbsp sour cream: 40
1/4 cup cheese: 114
2 corn tortillas: 140 (side note, flour tortillas have DOUBLE and aren't much bigger)
4 Tbsp Tomatoes: 20
1/4 cup lettuce: 10
HOT SAUCE!: 0!!!

TOTAL: 684



Still under my 1200 limit for the day with around 236 to spare. (which would have been breakfast or a snack, had I remembered)

I plan to hopefully go shopping tomorrow and grab some healthy snacks, and fruits and veggies to nibble on throughout the day to keep my metabolism up and running.

I also found a pretty awesome site for those who either want to do this with me, or are just curious. It's called Calorie King and it pretty much has anything on there that doesn't have a nutrition label on the back, like a tomato, and lets you input everything pretty accurately all the way down to the type and even the style in which it is prepared. It helped me greatly.

I also just recently got back in touch with an old friend from back in the day and she expressed interest in hanging out and going to starbucks and lunch. So finding a calorie friendly drink there is sure to be a fun challenge. Looks like I have a pre lunch date research party to attend in t-minus 48 hours.

All in all, today has been a pretty decent day.

Pizza?! Now that's what I call a taco!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

4 comments:

  1. get a tall nonfat latte with sugar free syrup. 100 cals and 10 grams of protein. not too bad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thaaaaaanks for the tip Amanda! I knew *someone* would know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey berta! (it's lexxi) We seem to be on the same journey this year!! Good luck!! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! Thanks so much for following! I'm gonna follow you too!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin