Thursday, January 22, 2009

Low Cal Microwaved Peach Cobbler (a la mode!!)

Tonight my sweet tooth was calling my name, as it does most nights, and I looked around the kitchen for some ideas based on what we had lying around.

It struck me.

Peach Cobbler, in the style of Hungry Girl, but an Original by ME!

I googled the calorie counts of "Peach Cobbler a la mode calories" and found this, and this.

Roughly 660 calories for a slice of pie and a scoop of ice cream. Eesh.

Want peach cobbler without the guilt and all the taste? Follow me...



What you'll need is,

* 1 small fresh ripe peach, halved and pitted
* 1/4 cup granola
* 1 tsp brown sugar
* 1 tsp cinnamon
* 1 tsp vanilla extract (remember what I said about that imitation crud)
* I Can't Believe it's Not Butter Spray
* Breyers Double Churn Free Creamy Vanilla fat-free ice cream (optional)

Place peach on a plate and spray with butter spray to cover. In a small bowl mix granola, cinnamon, brown sugar, vanilla, and a few extra sprays of the butter spray. Mix well. Sprinkle on top of peach halves and microwave for 2-3 minutes.



Take out the Breyers Double Churn Free Creamy Vanilla fat-free ice cream to slightly thaw.



Remove from microwave (careful it's hot). Scoop 2 1/4c scoops of Breyers Double Churn Free Creamy Vanilla fat-free ice cream on top. This part is optional and adds about an extra 90 calories.



Total calorie count for this is around (with ice cream); 240!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin