Thursday, February 19, 2009

The Dekalb Market!

Seriously, for any grocery store/farmers market/specialty store lover like me, The Dekalb Market in East Atlanta is heaven. If you've never been there, and live in that area of the world, simply take Ponce de Leon, east, through Decatur, and it will be on your left after a few miles.

When I lived here Michelle and I would go often, usually after brunch at The Flying Biscuit, or some other Atlantan breakfast institution, but honestly to me, there is none other than that. Dekalb has the best selection of meats, fruits and veggies you've only ever heard of on Iron Chef.

Before the "plain clothes security guard" yelled at me for taking pictures, I managed to snap a few.


They clearly post that no weapons are allowed in the store. No smoking either. Perhaps I missed the sign about pictures because I was taking so many pictures.


This is just PART of the produce section. Seriously, I have never seen so many random fruits and vegetables in one area. Anything you can think of, chances are they have it, in stock, and fresh.


I understand that leeks aren't very out of the ordinary, but they are full of lulz.


I'll let you come to your own conclusions on this picture.


They have a great inhouse bakery and were letting every try their breads. They were pretty amazing. The Honey Wheat was my favorite.


The fish section. Blech! I don't go in here cuz it smells really bad like dead fish, and I'm allergic, but they have so many kinds of fish and shellfish. They even have fresh lobster, crab, and catfish tanks.


Crab legs from like every kind of crab ever.


These are the steaks we ended up getting. Big Fat New York Strips. $35 worth of them. They were delicious. I'll post what we did with them soon. I promise.

Make sure you bring cash or check, because they don't accept cards. Maybe Debit...

The Dekalb Farmer's Market is located at;
3000 E. Ponce De Leon Avenue
Decatur, GA 30030

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin