Monday, February 9, 2009

Mondays Libations and other food related words.

Monday it rained. AGAIN. So on the menu was CHILI!

We used a Chili Kit, which was against my judgment and protest.



Carroll Shelby's Chili Kit comes with Corn Masa Flour (for thickening), "Chili Seasonings" (which is basically garlic, onion, pepper, cayenne, cumin and everything else you can google when asking what seasons are in chili), cayenne pepper, and salt. It seasons 2lbs of beef, and pretty much all you have to do it add onions, garlic and some beans, and VOILA! Chili.

While that crock potted, I had this for lunch.



"Someone" ate all my Trader Joe's flat bread and "replaced" it with this crappy whole wheat generic kind that had twice as many calories a slice. I used half of one, added a tbsp of spicy hummus, and a 1/4 of a chicken breast. On the side, edamame, and 1/2 a cucumber; sliced, with the juice of half a lemon.

The rainy day had got to me a bit so I went down to The Living Room near SDSU for coffee with my friend.



I had a small (yes thats a SMALL) Skinny Mint Mocha, and it was really to die for. I used to go to The Living Room a lot in college, and I would always get this. I am currently reading a very outdated Photoshop book that Brian gave me for a refresher, and Into The Wild, as I would like to see the movie eventually.

When I got home the chili was ready to be nommed on.



I had 1/4 an avocado (for my MUFAs) a bowl of chili, and ONE corn muffin, with spray butter.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin