Friday, February 6, 2009

Better'n Peanut Butter

Peanut Butter has lately become a weakness. I know that it's a MUFA and so it's not really THAT bad for me, but the amount of fat and calories mean I don't get much of it.






With only 50 calories and 1 gram of fat a tbsp, it's pretty much the best thing to spread on sliced bread. In fact, I've been putting it on pretty much everything. It's got a creamier texture with a bit less viscosity than regular peanut butter (meaning it doesn't hold its shape as well) , and is almost frosting like. It's made with "defatted peanut flour" so it still has the taste, without the fat. I wanted to try it on everything I had previously put regular peanut butter on, and try it out, so YOU didn't have to!



It's freaking AMAZING on apples. LOVE IT.



I substituted it for regular peanut butter in my banana oatmeal, and it was even BETTER. It's melted perfectly and mixed in so well.

I even tried a new recipe my client Sheila told me about for yummy late night snacks! I used Better'n Peanut Butter in it instead, and the beauty of this is you don't even need to know how to cook to make this! So try it!!



I started with some bananas, cut in half.



Next slice lengthwise and spread about a tbsp of Better'n Peanut Butter on them, sandwiching between the 2 banana halves.



Wrap in plastic wrap and stick um in the freezer until frozen. And then eat them, cuz they are freaking amazing. It's the perfect late night snack, cuz I can't think of many other things that go great with bananas than peanut butter, except maybe chocolate! (And um, Better'n Peanut Butter has a chocolate spread too!!)

I also spread some on my bagel this morning. I'm seriously obsessed with it. You can get it at most health food stores, I found mine at Trader Joes. I'd love to see what others come up with, so please if you use it, tried it, or made something amazing, post them in the comments.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin