Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Santorini Island Grill

Today I ventured up to Poway for some Greek food at this place Dana used to work at and RAVES about. Santorini Island Grill. It was ok.



Their Hummus was decent, not as good as Gaby's but pretty good. Kristi pointed out that they don't use a lot of tahini so it doesn't have that "greasy" texture. Their pita wedges were pretty amazing though, soft and warm.



I got the 1/4 Greek Chicken meal and they were out of rice, so I substituted more salad for rice. How you can let a restaurant where the MAIN side dish is rice, run OUT of rice is beyond me. Their salad wasn't bad, but I felt it lacked substance, no romaine lettuce, just iceberg, cucumbers and some gross floppy tomatoes. (I prefer the Greek salad I made over this)I wish I would have thought to ask for the chicken breast, but I didn't and as my luck would have it, I got the leg and thigh. The meat was tender and juicy, but I just wasn't really in the mood to pick off the bones.

For fast food this place wasn't bad, and if I'm ever in the area and want Greek I might stop in again. The service was ok, but I think the main reason we didn't get the most amazing service was that Dana went into ex-waitress mode and took care of us a bit better, plus I think there was beef between her and our waitress from her days working there.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin