Friday, February 20, 2009

Red Peppers - Cuban in Atlanta

Brian has been begging me to try this place just outside of Atlanta forever. His family goes there all the time and he always mentions it to me, so when our making dinner plans fell through following a long day at the Mall of Georgia with my friend Candace, Red Peppers was the perfect choice.

Red Peppers
4439 S. Main St., Acworth GA

Red Peppers is Mexican and Cuban food. It's got a sweet, small and very friendly atmosphere, and is a refreshing change to many of the big hoity toity places. Red Peppers doesn't try to come off as something it isn't. It's just plain good food.

I ordered the Bistec de Palomilla, black beans, rice and plantains.

Bistec de Palomilla

Brian ordered the Carne Asada. He substituted his "the works" (meaning tortillas rice and beans) with rice and black beans on the side, with an order of fried yucca.

Carne Asada

The service was a bit off the night we went, but to counter act that, they gave us some mango pie on the house.

Free Mango Pie

I don't know if it was house made, or brought in from a local bakery, but it was very good. Cold, creamy and firm with a delicious graham cracker crust.

All in all I really enjoyed Red Peppers and would love to go again the next time I visit. It also makes me want to try and find some local Cuban restaurants here in So Cal. I'll have to ask my sisters boyfriend since he's Cuban what his favorites are.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin